Saturday, April 17, 2010

Virtual Perambulations

A brief glimpse at the meandering path of my curiosity:

  1. Followed up on last night's tweets regarding band stranded by volcanic ash in Geneva, which led me to a reply from Quebecois grindcore band Fuck the Facts' on their Facebook fan page.
  2. Followed a link from FTF to their new "Unnamed EP" download site (unrelated to stranded band and/or volcanoes, obviously) curious to see if it was a PWYC deal; unfortunately for me, no.
  3. Ended up on MySpace somehow, maybe via a return to FTF@Facebook (?) My activity feed noted a "free live recording" from Phantoms of the SS but after clicking to their profile, turns out that meant, "free with download of any PotSS album". Listened to their MySpace player instead as soundtrack to my browsing - "Sleeping Green" is particularly good, reminiscent of Angelo Badalamenti's work on Twin Peaks.
  4. Followed notification of Flickr update to a page I follow which introduced me to model/actress Verushka, who I had never heard of previously (not that I recall anyway.) Wikipedia says she was in Antonioni's Blowup - one of my favourite films, in fact - so checked the Wiki entry for that film, confirming Verushka's appearance. Now I want to see it again - and Zabriskie Point as well (another favourite film of mine.) Maybe there are excerpts on Movieclips.com.
  5. I have, thus far, neglected to mention that while the above points denote the main browsing path, this was abandoned repeatedly in favour of persistent detours along tangential lines including visits to:  Twitter; Gmail; Tumblr; various forums; Hotmail; local newspaper's website; Gnews; etc. In this regard, the "Session Manager" extension for Chrome is a godsend - it allows me to save all of my open tabs as a session for later reference. Without it and the use of various bookmarking services I would be lost - and horribly disorganized!
No wonder I spend whole days in front of my laptop. :S




No comments:

Post a Comment

x