Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nope, Not This Time - No Sale, Hollywood!

I just saw an ad for the Batman franchise on Bluray, each film selling for $24.99, and I remembered that that was exactly where the average DVD pricepoint was hovering when I got my first DVD player almost ten years ago.

Here we are, I thought, ten years later and the same damned films that I bought on DVD (actually, not Batman - I never saw the point of purchasing anything but the first Burton one and even that I didn't bother with - but you get the idea) have to be paid for - AGAIN - if I want them on Bluray?

I give up. I don't have a strategy or a plan yet, but I've decided that I'm never going to buy another film on disc ever again. Sayonara, major studios, networks and production companies - you're screwing consumers for whatever they're willing to pay - and I'm not going to accept that anymore.

There really ought to be an "F-you" emoticon, i.e. the Finger-Smiley, although having said that I guess I'd better hurry up and copyright the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

x